Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Food shopping for my family… I’m thankful that the days of decree 1344 of July 1941 are long gone…
Art. 1. Jews are strictly forbidden to appear on the street in groups of more than three people and they are only permitted to go out between 6 am and 8 pm. Art.
2. Jews are only permitted to make purchases in the marketplace between 9:30 and 11 am. Bread can only be p urchased after 6 am. Art.
3. All Jewish company name signs are forbidden on stores. Art.
4. Flying of any flag on Jewish stores and houses, including the national, the German and Italian flag is strictly forbidden. Art.
5. Jewish professionals must immediately post a sign at the entrance to their houses stating their name, profession, the word “Jew” and their office hours. Art
6. Jews of all ages and sexes are obliged to wear visibly on the left breast side a badge consisting of two equilateral triangles made of yellow linen each side being 6 cm. long, one placed over the other to form the Jewish star. Art.
7. Every deviation from the above ordinance will be punished with incarceration in a prison camp with more severe punishment possible in accordance with the ordinary and special penal laws.